Frequently Asked Questions

Can I get married on the farm?

We don't have a marriage ceremony licence for the farm, but we can hold alternative blessings such as Humanist ceremonies. Alternatively there are several beautiful churches in the area and a registry office six miles away in the town of Romsey.

Can I have fireworks, confetti or Chinese lanterns?

We allow fireworks. Unfortunately we cannot allow confetti or Chinese lanterns due to the resident livestock on the farm.

How many guests can we invite?

You are able to invite up to 250 guests.

Do you allow children?

Yes, but we ask that they are supervised at all times.

Can you provide electricity for our marquee/tipi/yurt?

We are able to supply electricity from an electrical hook-up on the edge of the field. You will need to check with your marquee/tipi/yurt company or lighting supervisor to see if this is adequate. If not then you will need to hire in a generator.

Do you hold the relevant licences for music and alcohol?

We do not hold permanent premises licences for alcohol and entertainment. But what we will do is apply to Test Valley Borough Council for a temporary event notice. This event notice will then state what time alcohol can be served until and what time live amplified music can be played until. This is generally 11pm for live amplified music and 12am for un-amplified music (dj or iPod for example) and 12am for alcohol.

Do you charge corkage?

We do not charge for corkage so you are free to arrange your own alcohol or to hire a bar if you wish.

When can we come and look at the venue?

As we live and work on the farm we are quite flexible with viewings. We would only recommend viewings within the summer months as this is when the farm looks its best. Please arrange a viewing by using the contact page.

"Pyesmead Farm is a fabulous venue! We are so glad that we booked our wedding here." - Simon & Christie